If you are a blogger and you must know the main thing you struggle with while planning your content strategy. You would be 100% right if you answered “Getting new blog post ideas and it is one of those things that need effort and time. Although, to say coming up with traffic and generating blog post topics is difficult.
If you are looking for a solution, then you will find this post interesting and informational. This post will discuss how you can apply SEMrush to quickly get high traffic producing blog post (Content) ideas.
Let’s move forward to know how to use SEMrush to find new blog post ideas.
- Assess your current keyword rankings
First of all, You have to find out the current keyword rankings (you must be aware of where you currently stand) in Google search before beginning your journey to getting high traffic generating blog post topics with SEMrush.
Although there are many tools to identify your current keyword rankings, SEMrush provides you with accurate results.
Once you get the SEMrush dashboard access, enter your website into SEMrush’s search bar, and then click on the search button.
Now click either the big blue number below Organic Search ” Here’s how it looks.
It will show you all the keywords your website is currently ranking for within SEMrush, utilizing the Organic Positions Report.
Based on the keywords, it shows you where you are currently ranking. In the above screenshot, you can view the position you are ranking for your keywords, analytical data including search volume, traffic %, cost %, competition level, and much more.
So, you understand where you stand and take a look at what your competitors are ranking for. Insert your competitor’s website into the search bar at the top and go to the same report to view this data.
If you don’t know who your website’s competitors are, go to the Organic Research Competitors report. It will show you, based on generally ranking keywords, which you should recognize as a competitor.
Once you get your competitor, then go to that domain’s Organic Positions report. Here you can find what their top-performing keywords are. You can observe which keywords bring the most traffic to their website by classifying this by Traffic %.
Now, examine these two things from the report:
- Do any of those keywords relate to your website?
- And, review for the keywords listed in this report that you are not currently ranking for.
Get a keyword that best suits your website. Click on the keyword to be taken to the Keyword Overview report.
It will show you everything you require to know about the keyword, including average monthly search volume and the number of results for the keyword. So, you have narrowed your results down to a particular keyword; now, you can even try to break it down further.
Phrase Match and Related Keywords reports assist you further in getting more specific ideas.
Related Keywords report provides associated keywords to the keyword you searched. It also illustrates lower keywords in search volume, which suit more in your target range.
To get longer tailed keywords, you can use the Phrase Match report. It will give you easier keywords to rank for and might even give you a more particular idea for a blog post.
Explore long-tail keywords with Keyword Magic Tool
By understanding your competitors traffic generating keywords, you can improve search engine traffic to your blog than your competitors and can create great content around those keywords.
Insert any seed keyword linked to your niche into the SEMrush search box. Here we enter, “SEO tips.”
In the above screenshot, you can view an overview of this keyword. It gives the trending data for this keyword, the organic and paid search opportunities, and a phrase match and related keywords data.
You can get a look at the full report for a more extensive dive into it. In the full report, you can recognize relevant and essential keywords that have search volumes. One way to do keyword research is by targeting a keyword with search volumes.
With the Phrase Match Report, you can get the Keyword Difficulty, the suggested CPC (in USD), the Competitive Density (PPC), the number of Results (in Google), the Trend for this precise keyword.
Remember that doing keyword research is about looking at the search volume and the keyword difficulty for a particular phrase. If you get no search volume for any specific keyword, then try to target various phrases in one article.
In the trial period, SEMrush will just give you some amount of keyword ideas.
Answer a common issue
SEMrush encourages you to find new content ideas and also rank highly in the SERPs. Here are the few things you have to do for this.
- Pick your competitor: Make a listing of all the top blogs in your niche in a spreadsheet. Now enter one by one in the SEMrush search bar. Head over to the left-hand navigation and go for “Organic Research” from the “Domain Analytics” dropdown.
- Apply filters: To analyze your competitor’s data, you have to apply filters. After applying the filter, you can now view all the ranking keywords of your competitor. From every filter, you can learn each keyword phrase and your chances of ranking for it.
- Sort it: Normally, SEMrush sort the outcomes by traffic that displays branded terms at the top. Look at SEMrush’s Keyword Difficulty; if you do not notice any results, increase to <90.
- Recognize the opportunity: Find out a long tail query ranked on the first page and have more searches per month.
So, now you have known a query. Try these three to ensure that you are a move ahead of your competitor.
- Solve the query.
- Build valuable and relevant content.
- Keep metadata and page titles pertinent to the search query.
When you transform those common problems to blog post topics giving solutions, readers will increase your blog’s authority.
SEMrush SEO ideas tool
For a blogger, the SEO Ideas tool is potent. You may have one target keyword for your page, but you are unsure what context to use with it. It is what the SEO Ideas tool does for you.
The SEO Ideas tool will provide you related words to incorporate in your content based on ranking for the keyword you are targeting based on your Position Tracking and Site Audit data.
- It allows a full and structured list of things you could do to improve your rankings for your website’s particular pages.
- It gives you a well-defined actionable plan to increase your page’s rankings for the Google- top-10 keywords you specify.
- SEO Ideas tool automatically gives practical suggestions by employing SEO tactics from your competitors and analytical research data from SEMrush.
- Check out the Detailed Analysis report if you want to do your research based on the automatically accumulated data. This report will give you all information for a selected landing page by comparing the page with your top-10-ranking competitors’ results.
- You will see a list of semantically related keywords to incorporate in your content.
- You can combine Google Analytics to produce ideas to enhance the user experience of your pages.
- You can also create content templates based on your target keywords.
With the SEMrush SEO Ideas tool, you will also understand where you should incorporate your targeted keywords in your content.
Get content ideas
Well, you may be wondering how to utilize SEMrush to generate content ideas. Here we discuss an ecommerce website. Okay, let’s begin with the keyword phrase, “wireless earbuds.” By using this example keyword phrase and going deeper using SEMrush, you can get even more content ideas for an ecommerce website.
Enter “wireless earbuds” into a SEMrush search bar.
You can view a lot of data for this keyword. Let’s see more into Organic search results like who is exhibiting in the organic search results for clothing and accessories. Dig a little deeper to find some content ideas.
Looking at the “phrase match report” and the “related keywords report.”, you can instantly come up with a list of keywords. Using the SEMrush data, it’s really simple to view both the “phrase match” keywords and the “related keywords” right next to each other. It turns out that the “related keywords” really draw in much more potential traffic than the “phrase match” keywords.
To discover more content marketing ideas and to obtain more ideas, recognize what keyword phrases those top-ranking sites are displaying up for, and where they are getting their traffic. Run a full report to get some excellent content ideas.
Spy on your competitor’s top ranking keywords
SEMrush assists you in identifying the most profitable ads and keywords that your competitors are running. You can watch the exact keywords your competitors are bidding on and the precise ads they are currently running.
You can also discover the “Ads History” for the keywords that your competitors are bidding on. If a competitor is venturing for a particular keyword for several months, that means it’s a profitable keyword for them.
You can follow the keyword position of your competitor in any search engine based on their geographical location. SEMrush encourages you to explore all keywords your competitor is currently ranking for on any given page.
No doubt, SEMrush is the most reliable SEO tool that will boost your organic traffic by spying on your competitor’s top-ranking keywords.
If you are going through a tough time and need profitable blog post ideas, SEMrush comes into play. One of our all-time favorite SEO tools supports us to do many things varying from keyword research to competitor analysis to SEO audits.
Instead of using your intelligence to come up with random topic ideas for your blog, concentrate on finding the Best topics so you can drive more search traffic. Here’s where SEMrush can be helpful as it provides many details such as traffic volume, keyword difficulty, related keyword ideas, etc.