There are too many available choices in the market whenever we talk about the best SEO tools, as every tool claims to give the best deal.
We have tried and tested several SEO tools, either free or paid tools. Someone has rightly said that investing in one single tool that gives you various benefits is far better than investing in so many tools.
One is used by millions of people worldwide, and the other tool offers excellent features at affordable prices. So which one should you pick?
When it comes to SEMrush vs. SerpStat: which SEO tool is worth your money? Let’s check it out.
Features List of; SEMrush And Serpstat
Let’s talk about the features of both these SEO tools so you’ll get an idea about what they have to offer.
Features of SEMrush SEO Tool:
SEMrush gives you access to more than 40 SEO tools, and some of its amazing features incorporate;
- Link building tool
- Domain vs. domain comparison
- Keyword tracking
- Brand monitoring tool
- Estimate traffic of any website in the world
- Backlink audit
- Website audits
- Detailed competitor analysis
- Keyword magic tool for keyword research
- PPC research
- Access to SEO reports (including the white label)
- Social media monitoring
- Analytics reports where you can find insights around organic search paid search or link building
Features of Serpstat SEO Tool:
When it comes to features, Serpstat is not too far from SEMrush as it offers a wide range of features, which are listed below.
- Search analytics
- Competitor analysis
- Backlink research
- On-page audits
- Rank tracking
- Keyword research
- Market intelligence
- Paid advertising analysis
- Content marketing ideation
- Gives you access to reports
- Domain vs. Domain comparison
- Track position changes of domains
- You can perform a batch analysis of up to 200 domains.
So which one is better?
When it comes to features, SEMrush unquestionably wins over Serpstat as it has an overwhelming list of tools (over 40 tools under one roof) ranging from SEO to social media to PPC.
Pros & Cons
Let’s now talk about the pros and cons of both these SEO tools.
Pros & Cons of SEMrush:
- Allows a lot of tools when compared to SerpStat (so you can do so much with SEMrush)
- It gives specific keyword volume data
- It gives SEO reports with white-label access and custom reports
- Its competitive research is astounding where it explains to you how much traffic a site gets, which keywords are bringing more traffic to a website, what keywords they bid on in PPC, how many backlinks a site has etc
- Keyword research is great where you can see a lot of metrics, including estimated monthly search volume, historical search trends, “keyword difficulty” scores, etc.
- Backlink audit feature which supports you to discover all the links your site has (along with toxic links so you can use the Google Disavow tool for getting relieved of those bad backlinks)
- PPC analysis, which assists you quickly discover opportunities for advertising keywords and recognize what your competitors are doing paid search
- Site audit feature which monitors your site’s health so you can find and fix your website issues for better SEO
- Social media tracker which supports your leverage competitor analysis to create a solid social media strategy (this feature isn’t available in Serpstat)
- CPC Map feature which checks the average CPC in your niche across different regions
- There’s a large learning curve (there are over 40 SEO tools offered by SEMrush, and it can be slightly confusing to navigate when you’re getting started)
- Keyword or traffic volume accuracy is NOT that great
Pros & Cons of Serpstat:
- Cheaper than SEMrush (and a great SEMrush alternative for beginners)
- It offers a free option where you can register for Serpstat for free to change your daily limit to 30 queries and get access to the Site Audit feature
- It provides you detailed analytics at the URL level, not only the great domain level
- Allows you more keyword suggestions when compared to the SEMrush keyword magic tool
- It also offers you online chat support (which is missing in SEMrush)
- Excellent (and affordable choice) tool for conducting competitor analysis and website audits
- It doesn’t offer as much backlink data as SEMrush does, and sometimes its keywords data is incorrect (especially monthly volume data)
- Unlike SEMrush, Serpstat doesn’t give tools/features for social media.
Let’s now talk about both these SEO tools’ pricing plans, including their free plans and free trials.
SEMrush Pricing Plans
SEMrush offers THREE pricing options which include;
Let’s briefly talk about them, including the limits.
1. Pro plan is the starter plan from SEMrus for that you have to pay $99.95 per month, and you’ll get 10,000 results per report, 3000 reports per day, you can create up to 3 projects, track up to 500 keywords to track and up to 100,000 pages to crawl.
2. Guru plan- For that, you have to pay $199.95 monthly, where you’ll get 30,000 results per report, 5000 reports per day, you can create up to 15 projects, track up to 1500 keywords to track, and up to 300,000 pages to crawl.
3. Business plan- For that, you have to pay $399.95 monthly where you’ll get 50,000 results per report, 10,000 reports per day, you can create up to 25 projects, track up to 5000 keywords to track, and up to 1,000,000 pages to crawl.
SEMrush also allows a free plan with limitations. Here’s what you get with a SEMrush free plan.
- You can set up one project
- You can track positions of up to 10 keywords (which are updated daily)
- You can do a site audit for up to 100 pages per month
- You can track up to 5 social media profiles and post to 2 networks and schedule 10 posts
- On-Page SEO checker (where you can get recommendations for ten keyword units per month)
- Domain & Keyword analytics (where you’ll get ten results per report, ten reports per day)
Serpstat Pricing Plans
Serpstat offers FOUR pricing options which are;
Let’s briefly talk about them, including the limits.
1. The “Lite” plan is the lowest plan from Serpstat, and for this plan, you have to pay just $69 per month, and you’ll get 4,000 queries per day and 10,000 results per report. With this plan, only one user can access your account, and you will get access to mobile tracking, live chat support, etc.
2. The “Standard” plan. For this plan, you have to pay $149 per month and covers everything from the ‘Lite’ plan, and you’ll get 5,000 queries per day and 30,000 results per report. With this plan, you can combine up to three team members to your account, and you’ll get access to branded reports.
3. The “Advanced” plan. For this plan, you have to pay costs $299 per month and covers everything from the ‘Standard’ plan, and you’ll get 8,000 queries per day and 50,000 results per report. With this plan, you can add up to five team members to your account, and you’ll also get access to phone support.
4. The “Enterprise” plan is the ultimate plan from Serpstat, which costs $499 per month and involves everything from the ‘Advanced’ plan, and you’ll get 12,000 queries per day and 75,000 results per report.
With this plan, you can join up to seven team members to your account, and you’ll also get access to white label reporting (which is very useful for those working on SEO projects on behalf of a client).
Serpstat also allows a free plan with limitations. Here’s what you get with the Serpstat free plan.
- Search analytics: 10 queries per day
- Backlink Analysis: 10 queries per day
- Ten pages for the site audit
- Create one project
So Which one is affordable?
Serpstat is the winner, as it is much cheaper than the SEMrush SEO tool.
Overview of Both The Tools
Here’s the quick summary of SEMrush and Serpstat.
SEMrush: SEMrush was launched in 2008 and grew as a popular SEO toolkit employed by more than 6 million users worldwide.
Here are some of the amazing stats of SEMrush.
- They have 6 million users.
- They offer 20 Billion Keywords.
- Provide 142 Geo Databases.
- They have 812 million domains.
Serpstat: Serpstat was launched in 2013 as a keyword research tool, and it has now turned into a full SEO suite allowing everything from keyword research to competitor analysis.
Here are some interesting facts about Serpstat.
- More than two lakh active users.
- Over 5 million keywords in explorer.
- 200 TB+ of disk space used for storing data.
- 25,000 keywords updated every minute.
- More than 30,000 projects in 5,000 unique regions every day.
- 10M requests are processed every month.
Which is Best SEMrush or Serpstat?
SEMrush is most suitable for those looking for an all-in-one SEO tool that allows you to perform many things, including SEO, SEM, PPC, brand monitoring, social media, content marketing, etc. If the funds are NOT your concern, SEMrush is the best option.
If you’re on a fixed budget and looking for an affordable SEO toolkit, Serpstat is the absolute choice for you, and just like SEMrush, Serpstat also gives a ton of features under one roof.